Step 1: Winter Application Workshop
Optional. Highly encouraged for anyone planning to apply to college and/or a summer internship.
Package applications (essays, transcripts, letters of recommendation) can be daunting. If you would like coaching through the process of assembling an application, we are here to help! Join our Winter Application Workshop on Zoom. Register here.
Session 1 (Feb 2, 5-6 PM PST): What’s included in our package application, creating a brand, navigating metrics.
Session 2 (Feb 9, 5-6 PM PST): Letters of Recommendation: who and how to ask. Resume/CV writing 101
Session 3 (Feb 23, 5-6 PM PST): Drafting personal statements, essays, and cover letters
This free series will help you navigate our program’s application and equip you with the skills and materials to apply for other internships and for fall college applications too!
Step 2: Summer Intensive Internship
Submit an application. The deadline for the Summer Internship application is 11:59 pm on March 15, 2021.
• Join us for six weeks (June 21-July 30), 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday
• Be paired with another intern and a research scientist mentor
• Work on a research project that is of interest to the scientific community
• Write an original research report (due August 13)
• Earn a $2,300 summer stipend
Parents: We look forward to responding to your questions! Join us for parent Q&A “office hours.” Schedule and Zoom registration available here.
You must be:
• A high school junior, age 16+
• Able to commute to UW or UC Davis
The application requires:
• Unofficial transcripts
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher
• Your resume or CV
• Several short essays