– Welcome to new postdoctoral fellows Franziska Seeger, Anastassia Vorobieva, and Russ Dickson!
– Congratulations to the University of Washington iGEM team! They won a gold medal at iGEM’s 2014 Giant Jamboree in Boston, MA with their project “Using Green Fluorescent Protein to Quantify Protein Stability”. Members of the IPD were among those mentoring this project.
The second round of WRF Innovation Fellow applications are due DECEMBER 15, 2014! Apply today. Detailed information about this exciting postdoctoral fellowship and a link to the application is here: https://www.ipd.uw.edu/wrf-ipd-innovation-fellows-program/
– IPD senior fellows Drs. Po-Ssu Huang, Gustav Oberdorfer, Chunfu Xu, and IPD Director Dr. David Baker, along with collaborators, published a paper in Science entitled High thermodynamic stability of parametrically designed helical bundles. Their new approach enables the custom design of hyperstable proteins for a number of applications.
– The UW Daily wrote an on the IPD’s Ebola/Foldit research entitled Solving Puzzles for Science.
– An article in the November Alaska Airlines Magazine entitled Innovative Medicine explores some of the cutting-edge research ongoing in the Pacific NW to develop advanced therapeutics. One scientist featured in the article is the IPD’s Dr. Erik Procko who published his work in Cell on BINDI, a new protein designed to bind and inhibit cancer-causing proteins. The article can be accessed at this link (go to page 140).
– The IPD is hiring! We are looking for a Program Operations Specialist. Apply today at this link.
– Your contributions help us accomplish our ambitious and exciting research projects! Consider making a gift today to support the work of the Institute for Protein Design. Follow this link to view our Give page.
Happy Halloween from the IPD!!! Here’s some liquid nitrogen ice cream being prepared at the party: