July 31, 2014
Here is a list of July 2014 news items from the IPD. Follow the links to read and learn more:
- RosettaCon 2014 is in full swing at the Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort in Leavenworth, WA
- The first round of WRF-IPD fellowship applications have been reviewed and fellows will be announced next month
- David Baker gave a talk in the Genome Science Public Lecture series in Foege Auditorium on UW campus. Video to come soon.
- Postdoctoral fellow Fabio Parmeggiani gave a talk at Science on Tap on “The art of protein masonry: engineering proteins as building blocks for materials, diagnostics and therapeutics”.
- IPD members enjoyed this glorious Pacific Northwest summer by hiking and grilling at Mt. Rainier and summiting The Brothers, a prominent pair of peaks in the Olympic Mountains. Both Mt. Rainier and The Brothers can be seen from the fourth floor of the Molecular Engineering and Sciences building where the IPD is located!
Rainier Pics (click picture to view larger version):
Brothers Pics (click picture to view larger version):